Seasonal Banquet Server
Upohar offers part-time and summer employment as Banquet Servers to qualified applicants 16 years or older. We provide paid training. Most of our events are on weekends, which works out well for students.
Participate as a staff member at our catering events, and learn what goes into executing large events, such as weddings and galas. From managing details, to working as a team, to problem-solving on the spot and adapting to unforeseen situations, you’ll develop these transferrable skills that will serve you well in any career.
How It Works:
- Once you’re on our staff list, we will contact you about our upcoming events.
- If you are available and interested, you let us know.
- We provide all the details, so you know the nature of the event, dress code, event duration, etc.
- On the event date, you arrive at the specified time and join the crew to execute an amazing event!
Brief Job Description
- Double-check supply & food lists and load supplies & food into vehicles (catering vans, food truck)
- Travel to venues
- Unload and setup catering equipment, supplies and food
- Adhere to health regulations
- Assist with table settings
- Serve guests food
- Answer guest questions
- Represent the company well -Dress and act in a professional manner
- Pack and label leftovers
- Clean up and re-pack catering supplies and equipment
- Adhere to all venue requirements before departure
- Unload and clean dishes
- Other tasks as assigned
What we are looking for in the right candidate:
- Responsible and self-motivated.
- Able to exercise good judgment about and ask for help.
- Willing to push your sleeves up and do some hard work.
- Able to address problems in real-time when the unexpected happens.
- Skilled with people – able to communicate and work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Valid driver’s license OR transportation to and from work.
- Weekend availability required. Evening availability a plus.
- Able to lift and carry catering equipment and heavy containers of food and beverage
- Able to stay on feet for long periods of time.
- Potential for background check (clear of charges or activity related to alcohol, or crimes involving minors).