Assistant Event Coordinator Job description
The Assistant Event Coordinator supports every step of our catering operations. This is a key role in daily administrative tasks, as well as in the planning and execution of the service aspects of catered events. The Assistant Event Coordinator must maintain high-quality customer relationships at events and provide resolution to concerns that arise. We would like to offer this job as full-time for the right candidate.
Project Management & Execution:
- Drop Off Catering Events (preparation and logistics, delivery and set-up)
- Food Truck Catering Events (preparation and logistics, driving the food truck, supervising staff, cleaning and storing equipment & utensils after events)
- Tasting Appointments (assist with preparation and logistics)
- Full-service Catering Events (assist event coordinators/catering managers on-site and with cleanup on site and after events)
- Vendor shows (assist with preparation and logistics; participate to represent the business)
Weekly Administrative Tasks (some can be done remotely)
- Review and update catering calendar with final details and prepare supplies for all events
- Place food orders for tasting appointments and remind vendors of any upcoming pick-ups that week; pick up food orders
- Take inventory of the catering storage room, food truck, and office, and place supply orders or go shopping to restock supply room and food truck as needed (includes filling gas tank and generators)
- Attend team meetings (sometimes online, sometimes in person)
- Update data as assigned
- Other tasks as assigned
What we are looking for in the right candidate:
- Responsible and self-motivated – able to own and manage projects as assigned with minimal supervision once trained. Able to exercise good judgment about and ask for help.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented – able to keep track of, and proactively manage all the details of these different projects.
- Problem-solver and critical thinker – able to anticipate issues to avert problems, and able to address problems in real-time when the unexpected does happen.
- Skilled with people – able to communicate and work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, and able to manage staff when leading projects (such as food truck events).
- Good verbal and written communication skills – able to work effectively as part of a team, and keep team members informed.
- Comfortable with technology; able to master the use of Google Workspace and related apps.
- Valid driver’s license, and clean driving record
- Able to learn to drive a large truck – similar to a FedEx truck
- Access to a computer for online meetings and remote work
- Weekend and evening availability required
- Able to obtain a food handler’s certificate (ServSafe or equivalent)
- Able to lift and carry catering equipment and heavy containers of food and beverage
- Able to stay on feet for long periods of time
- Any experience working in a catering role, restaurant, or bartending a plus
- Any experience with project management or assisting with event coordination a plus
- Background check (clear of charges or activity related to alcohol, or crimes involving minors)
Access to a computer for online meetings
- Flexible schedule & remote work opportunities
- Opportunity to convert to a salaried position with paid time off